It’s rich, it’s moist, it’s chocolatey, it's even healthy…it’s my all time favorite gluten free chocolate banana bread! It’s one of those recipes that is healthy because the ingredients are healthy but potentially unhealthy because its so dang good that you could eat the whole loaf in one sitting. I'm going to warn you now that you may want to double the recipe because if you're anything like us you will want to eat a loaf of this stuff a day! Ready.....lets bake!
Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread
1 cup oat flour (oats blended in high speed blender)
1/2 cup raw cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 large ripe bananas (about 1 1/2 cups mashed)
1 egg (sub 1 tblsp flax meal with 3 tblsp water if you want vegan)
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 by 5 loaf pan with a non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine together the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a large bowl (or blender on low speed) mash the ripe bananas. Add in the egg, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients being careful to not overmix. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the pan and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top of the bread. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean besides any melted chocolate chips that may get on it.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on a cooling rack for 15 minutes. Once the pan is cool you can remove the bread, slice and serve.
This bread will keep on the counter for up to 4 days and can also be frozen for up to a month but in my house it doesn’t even last a whole day because we eat it all up!! Enjoy this melt in your mouth, delicious bread!!